The Student News Site of Osage Trail Middle School

OTMS Falcon Flyer

OTMS Falcon Flyer

OTMS Falcon Flyer

OTMS Falcon Flyer

Dodgeball Day set for May 23

Dodgeball Day is a day where kids play dodgeball against the same grade teams in a tournament style all day. The location is the practice fields between OTMS and FPUE and win by throwing dodgeballs at each other.

David Beggs, the E-Gaming teacher, came up with the idea of dodgeball day, or what used to be field day for the Explorers. Kids did other activities out on the field, including a dodgeball activity, which stood out to Beggs in which changed field day to what is known now as dodgeball day.

“What we noticed is most students really just wanted to play dodgeball and we decided the next year to just play dodgeball. It was so much fun that our principal at the time decided to open it up the following year for all teams and both grade levels,” Beggs said.

Surprisingly, a Youtube video gave Beggs the idea of changing field day to Dodgeball Day.

“I had watched kids playing games outside on their last day of school, I just copied what they were doing!” Beggs said.

Students have mixed feelings about the event. Kids like eighth grader Catherine Thyfault just do not like Dodgeball day.

“I despise it with every cell in my body. It makes me want to die because of how hot it is outside and how gross everyone gets and how bad it stinks.” Thyfault said.

On the other hand, there is a positive side like Liam Barkwell is a seventh grader on the Trailblazer team who is excited about Dodgeball Day.

“I’m excited about it because I get to do something other than school work. I like playing dodgeball. I get to be outside and hanging out with friends,” Barkwell said.

Max Wickersheim, an eighth grader on the Voyager team agrees with Barkwell.

“Personally, I just like hanging out with friends and not doing school work,” Wickersheim said.

The date is tentative. If there is going to be rain in the forecast, the admin will change the date to happen sooner.