Stoddard joins 8th grade ELA team

Stoddard

Keylee Willbanks

Stacy Stoddard is a new face at OTMS.

One of the many new faces in the hallway is that of Stacy Stoddard. She teaches 8th grade ELA in room 138.

Stoddard has spent seven years in education.

“I spent six years as a para, and one year as a self-contained teacher in Higginsville. This is my second year teaching,” Stoddard said.

Stoddard enjoys using assignments to further her relationship with students.  Seeing their responses and writing helps her connect with them individually.  Her favorite writing for this is the memoir project.

“I get to know more about my students through this narrative writing,” Stoddard said.

Her relationship with the existing staff has been a positive one.  She feels comfortable that she can ask for help in her new position.

“My co-workers are caring and willing to help,” Stoddard said.

Michelle Barnhart, an ELA teacher on the Pioneer team and co-teaches with Stoddard during 7th hour.  

“She has done a great job getting to know our students and building a rapport with them,” Barnhart said. She’s a great asset to OTMS, and I’m happy she has chosen to make this her professional home.”

Ann Taylor is the ELA teacher on the Navigator team and co-teaches with Stoddard during 6th hour. 

I’ve enjoyed getting to know Ms. Stoddard,” Taylor said. “Her position at OTMS is very different than at her previous school, but she is learning quickly and is willing to do whatever is necessary to help students.”

Stoddard also co-teaches with Kaitlyn Grace who is the ELA teacher for Voyagers.

“Mrs. Stoddard has been a great addition to OTMS!” Grace said. “She is working very hard to get to know students and build relationships with them. It is great to see her interacting with all students in the classroom. Mrs. Stoddard is making a big adjustment coming to a larger school but she is working very hard to make it a great transition! We are happy to have her! 

Besides teaching, Stoddard is also a mother to four kids. She has a senior, freshman, eighth grader and kindergartner. She enjoys taking trips with her husband on their motorcycle. She loves watching sports and enjoys playing softball and bowling.