The Student News Site of Osage Trail Middle School

OTMS Falcon Flyer

OTMS Falcon Flyer

OTMS Falcon Flyer

OTMS Falcon Flyer

StuCo candidates run for office

Ellie Payne
Kyla Arn (8) helps Clare Brown (8) put up her poster in the hallway. Clare ran for StuCo the secretary position.

Students interested in participating in the student council have had posters in halls for the last few weeks. The student body voted on Sept. 29 for president, vice-president, secretary, treasurer, social activities director and grade level reps.

Amanda Holder is a social studies teacher for the seventh grade trailblazers team, she is also the director of student council. She believes that students in the student council will have an impact on others.

Students involved in Student Council are the voice for the students. They are in charge of sharing and creating ways to involve students in school wide activities,” Holder said.

Sophia Williamson is an eighth grade student on the Navigators team. Williamson thinks she will enjoy her possible role in the student council.

“I chose to run because… I think it would be very fun to have a big role in STUCO,” Williamson said. 

Emma Stamper is an eighth grader on the Navigator team running for vice president. Stamper chose to run to help the school.

“I was inspired to run because I want to make the school a better place and it would be really fun to do all of the fundraisers and other things for the school,” Stamper said.

Dulci Schroeder is in the eighth grade Pioneer team and chose to run for secretary, and Schroeder wants to help the students of OTMS.

“I just want to do stuff for my fellow classmates, and I think I’ll really be organized and help the school,” Schroeder said.

Clare Brown is an eighth grader on the Navigator team. Brown has chosen to run for treasurer.

“I chose to run for treasurer because I am really good at math and counting money,” Brown said.

Voting will happen in advisory on Friday, September 29th.