The Student News Site of Osage Trail Middle School

OTMS Falcon Flyer

OTMS Falcon Flyer

OTMS Falcon Flyer

OTMS Falcon Flyer

Students, staff use new E-Hall pass system

Jessy Winter
A screenshot of the new E-Hall pass in Clever. Students are given three bathroom passes a week.

The school has started using a new hall pass system called E-Hall pass. E-Hall pass is a digital hall pass that is filled out on a student’s school computer. The app is part of Clever.

E-Hall pass has a few new rules that some students aren’t very fond of. Some of the new rules are only ten students can be out of the classroom at a time and students only have three bathroom passes a week.  Melanie Bosch is the principal of the middle school and she thinks the new e-hall passes are helping the students. 

“Kids are used to using their Chromebook and it does make it easier because its already right there. Teachers can use their app or they can also use their Chromebook. So I do think overall it’s easier and with a paper copy obviously you would have to take the time to write all them out,” Bosch said  

Nikki Raasch is an eighth grade ELA teacher on the Voyagers team. Raasch thinks the new E-Hall pass is as easier to use as a normal paper pass; it just takes getting used to.

“I think the limited number of passes are helping to decrease the number of students leaving the class each hour, but not necessarily the e-hall pass itself.  However, I do believe that the e-hall pass is limiting the number of students that are out in the hallways or bathrooms at the same time which is better for overall classroom attendance and building safety,” Raasch said. 

Aubrey Schulz is an eighth grader on the Voyagers team. She does not like the new E-Hall passes because only ten people can be out of the classroom at a time.

“It takes more time and for girls who are on their period, they sometimes have to wait,” Schulz said.

Serenity Garmon is a seventh grader on the Explorers team and she doesn’t like the E-Hall passes because it takes too long to use.

“It’s quicker to use a piece of paper and the teachers can tell if people are gone for too long,” Garmon said.

Zero Hour passes must be given to a student by a teacher and will not count towards the three passes students get each week. At this time, only restroom passes are being tracked. Students are still able to use a regular written pass for other locations like the library, nurse or office.